The Korean Grand Prix’s organizers have warned that the loss-making event is under threat of cancellation unless Formula One Management Ltd. and Bernie Ecclestone give them a cheaper contract. Promoter Park Won-Hwa said the GP, held at Yeongam in rural South Jeolla, posted a “big financial loss” and was unpopular with the local community since joining the glitzy Formula One circuit last year. Park told Autosport magazine that South Korea was keen to keep its GP, but said the event’s future depended on whether Ecclestone would let them negotiate a new (presumably much cheaper) deal.
- Top Sixes
Since 1996 the work of just one F1 enthusiast, Formula One Art & Genius is a tribute to the passion, heroism, glory and tragedy that for seven decades have made Grand Prix motor racing the world's greatest stage for drivers, their machines and the people who admire both.
Live F1 Tweets
- ▶Top Sixes
2014 Singapore Grand Prix:
Tag CloudWilliams technology social media Monaco Spa qualifying Hamilton McLaren FIA drivers sporting regs Ferrari legends testing Ecclestone 2014 wet 2011 art memories History Melbourne Alonso Schumacher champions Vettel Senna shunts Silverstone Malaysia Australia commercialism circuits USGP races video Rosberg Monza Raikkonen Lotus Canada photos Mercedes 2013 Clark Red Bull Suzuka 2012 Button Webber
- Toto Wolff fears controversy is inevitable after FIA radio rule change September 12, 2014
- F1 drivers banned from getting help over radio September 11, 2014
- Ferrari's Luca di Montezemolo: it's the start of a new era - video September 10, 2014
- Ferraris bleak run unlikely to end with Luca Di Montezemolo resignation | Paul Weaver September 10, 2014